Training & Development
We are dedicated to support and promote ECE as a profession to be proud of.
Whether a teacher or supporting our centres to achieve success, we want great people who strive to give their best every day. To support this, we commit to look after our people and provide them with both personal and professional development opportunities.
First Class Leaders
We have developed a Management Development Programme to provide those accepted into it with the skills and knowledge to enable them to be first class leaders.
It is well known that there is a direct correlation between the service provided and the quality of the leadership. Great leadership means great teams which means great customer experiences. We want to give our children the best possible start in life so we know we have to provide the best possible leadership within our teams.This programme will allow committed and talented people to gain the knowledge and learn the skills required to develop into BestStart’s future leaders and extend our current ones. The programme, however, is not for the faint-hearted. Participants will be expected to complete work over and above normal working hours and complete tasks to a high standard. In return BestStart will provide career advancement and professional as well as personal growth opportunities.
Every teacher has a commitment from BestStart to provide professional development opportunities specifically tailored to their needs and goals. We use in-house specialists to provide extensive in-centre and external providers to support teachers’ growth and development in their practice to ensure that Ministry of Education requirements are met and professional standards are maintained.
Here is a list of examples of the professional development available:
- Leadership Conference
- Regional Conferences with ECE experts holding workshops on key topics
- Regional cluster meetings held monthly
- Appropriate courses for relevant staff members (e.g. First Aid and Safe Food Handling courses)
We offer a comprehensive Advice & Guidance programme, assisting teachers with gaining their full registration by providing:
- On-going advice and guidance and to support them through the registration process to obtain full registration
- Support for teachers with renewing their practicing certificates
- Support teachers in ‘best practice’ and in achieving and maintaining the Registered Teacher Criteria (previously known as Satisfactory Teaching Dimensions)