ABC Ascot Avenue
ABC Ascot Avenue, part of the BestStart family, is a quality childcare centre located close to Remuera Primary School and conveniently located for families commuting to work.
We welcome children from 3 months to 5 years and pride ourselves on our positive relationships with our families, working together to ensure we fulfill the aspirations you have for your child. We provide flexible morning, afternoon and full day sessions to meet the needs of your family.
Children learn through play and our teachers provide a nurturing, open and fun environment for children to learn about their world. Our centre celebrates the many cultures of our children and families, and we encourage whanau to join in celebrations with us so we can continue to learn and grow.
We have two rooms which cater to the different age groups of our children. Each has an indoor and outdoor environment which reflects their needs and developmental milestones.
In our Infant and Toddler room, teachers work hard to ensure they have established close relationships with families which enables us to follow each child’s home routine. Our teachers ensure the room is a calm and loving place for our youngest children filled with cuddles and smiles. Our children are gifted lovely organic bedding when they start with us to ensure they have a quality bedroom experience.
Our children transition to our Preschool around the age of two and we take their lead as to when they are ready to move through. Our Preschool is an exciting place for children where their learning is challenged while they are respected as individuals and holders of knowledge.
We have a unique Be School Ready initiative where teachers promote children’s curiosity while working individually and in groups, with a focus on preparing children for Primary School
At ABC Ascot we also focus on nutrition as we believe healthy bodies create healthy minds. We have organic food where possible and create healthy foods which are child friendly. We also bake with our children and make our own yoghurt fresh each week. Some of the delicious items on our menu are:
– Organic potato pasta bake with leek, courgette and homemade cheese sauce
– Free range roast chicken with organic roast vegetables
– Organic chicken and vegetable curry on brown rice
– Homemade feijoa and apricot crumble with fresh yoghurt
– Organic baked beans on grain toast
What makes us different:
• Large inviting outdoor play area allowing children to explore science and nature
• Qualified and dedicated teachers who know the children well and provide positive interactions and learning experiences
• Healthy, nutritious organic meals and have been awarded the Gold Healthy Heart Award
• Small group sizes allowing for individual routines and personalised learning opportunities
• Well-resourced with new and stimulating equipment to enable your child to extend on their learning journey
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
Watch our video about nurturing childcare