Come in and have a look at our new Nursery outdoor area!
ERO has rated ABC Beckenham in the top 7% of NZ childcare centres providing positive learning outcomes for children
Join us at our Stay and Play days every Friday from 1-3pm. This is a special event for children under 2.
Welcome to ABC Beckenham! Every person who comes through our door is enveloped as part of the Beckenham family to explore an education together that is valued, safe and fun!
Why should we get the privilege of caring for and educating your child?
– Our spacious, purpose built centre is drenched in natural light and offers insight between rooms
– One big family! For us, nothing beats seeing a child move right through our centre from baby to “big school kid”
– Our full time cook provides seasonal meals with the NZ Heart Foundation tick and gets a great workout mashing vegetables and fruit for our youngest ones who are discovering solids. Our menu has a GOLD Healthy Heart tick!
– We are an active part of the Beckenham community visiting the library and community garden and caring for our environment by recycling our nappies.
– We have a close relationship with our local rest home, Archer Village with the Preshcool visiting them monthly and the residents visiting us monthly also.
– Our children adore our pet rabbit Cocoa, who was turned by magic in to a real bunny from an Easter chocolate one!
– All children have a Learning Journal- a scrapbook of your child’s milestones and development. You may choose to opt also for a free lifelong subscription to Storypark
Our Nursery (Tahi)
Led by Gill, our nursery practices ‘Primary Care’ – meaning that each child has a teacher responsible for their daily routines (nappy changing, bottles, sleeping patterns and development progress). Each child also has a ‘Secondary Carer’ who steps in should the Primary be away and a notebook that goes between the nursery and home to let you know what your child’s day has involved. Primary care aims to provide children with the opportunity to discover and enjoy a special bond with their teacher- with the idea that this trust will help encourage the child as they grow in developing relationships with others. It is amazing to watch Primary Care in action.
Our Preschool (Rua)
The age range of 2-5 years means that the family atmosphere is alive, and buzzing along with the children as they learn. It is lovely tuakana teina relationships here when our older children guide the younger ones and the younger ones learn from them as they do so. We have 20ECE hours for when our children turn three. We also have a Be School Ready initiative
which prepares children for school at their own pace and the programme is structured from advice of primary schools in our area. We are lucky enough to have two primary trained teachers who ensure the children are learning what they need, to hit the ground running at school. Fortnightly trips to a real Primary School mean that children experience what being a “big kid” entails!
For more information we invite you to come in anytime and see our wonderful centre in action!
Click below to read our latest centre stories:
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
“The teachers are passionate about what they do and I love how much of a team everybody is.”
“ABC Beckenham is a lovely, happy, safe and fun place for children to play and learn, with some lovely amazing staff. I am ever so grateful of all the time you have spent with my boys…”