We are located in Maleme Street, next to the Fire Station. ABC Greerton’s location makes it an ideal place for families who are travelling to work from Pyes Pa, Oropi, Tauriko, Welcome Bay and Greerton. Our Centre has a lovely atmosphere and is licensed for 45 children, aged six weeks to five year old.
ABC Greerton is a gorgeous centre situated with a natural backdrop in a busy area of Greerton. We have a spacious, well –resourced playground and centre that provides a range of physical challenges for children of all ages. We give our children plenty of time and space to practice and refine their developing skills.
At ABC Greerton, we believe in building trusting and nurturing relationships with children to develop their sense of belonging to the centre. We strive to provide the children with everyday valuable skills that will support them to be capable, competent learners. We also encourage our children to respect and care for their environment, and help to make them aware of ways to increase our sustainability through activities such as recycling, worm farming, and building a natural playground. ABC Greerton also has a number of pets that the children help us to care for, learning responsibility and respect towards living creatures.
What makes us different to other centres:
- Large spacious outdoor area with a natural backdrop
- Lots of centre, community events and excursions
- Children are given the opportunity for uninterrupted play and learning
- Children help to care for our centre animals, learning responsibility and respect towards living creatures
- Learning experiences come from the children’s interests, which are extended by using real life resources, tools and equipment
- Our programme allows children to set their own goals and choose their own learning
- 80% of our teachers are fully qualified
- Full-time, part-time and sessional care available
- 10% discount for sibling
At ABC Greerton we pride ourselves on being a dedicated and passionate team, who are motivated about providing high quality child care and education for the children. We strive to develop professionally and bring our personal knowledge to support and develop the learning of our staff and children.
We have a healthy heart award
We’ve received the Fantail Award (Stage 1) for Resource Wise Schools from the Tauranga City Council. This award is the beginning of a 4 step adventure, each stage contains practical activities to support sustainable resource use, waste minimisation and waste management.
This programme also supports our Centre Vision which is: ” Our aim is to become a centre that advocates for sustainability while working in a respectful partnership with our children/tamariki, their families/whanau and the wider community.”
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
Ask us about our Be School Ready initiative
Check out our centre’s latest stories and events
The SunSmart Centre Accreditation programme provides Cancer Society approved guidelines on how to make centres a safe place for children and the centre’s community.
Being a SunSmart accredited centre shows that our centres:
- are committed to protecting children, staff and parents from the risks of UV radiation
- are raising awareness about the importance of skin protection among parents and children
- promote the centres within the community as one that is committed to the health of its children
- have a sun protection policy that follows the Cancer Society minimum criteria
- promote and support positive sun protection behaviours such as hat wearing
- are developing and maintaining a sunsafe environment
“Max has had a great time at ABC and we think it is getting better and better with the current manager and staff.”
“This has been the best and most fun centre I have been in.” – Janine Evans from KidsKlub Productions