ABC Mosgiel operates in two cosy converted houses with a fantastic, large playground with lovely trees. We are situated on the Taieri Plains in Mosgiel – 10 minutes from Dunedin. Our centre offers quality early childhood education and care. Our excellent age-specific resources help the children to learn and develop in a safe and fun-filled environment.
At ABC Mosgiel, we provide a fun environment that supports children’s independence, active exploration and challenges their thinking. We create a learning space that is warm, caring and happy for our children to learn, grow and develop into confident individuals.
We are very proud to say that we have 85% qualified Teachers and this is above Government requirement. Our ratios are 1:4 in our Under Twos and 1:8/9 in our Over Twos. Over the years, we have formed reciprocal relationships with the children, parents and whānau and the staff, that has led to a very family-oriented atmosphere at the centre with an open door policy.
We look forward to having your family join our family.
What makes us different
• We are a cosy converted house that is situated in a residential area
• We have a fantastic, large playground that allows lots of room for the children and teachers to have fun
• The teachers at ABC Mosgiel believe in developing strong respectful, reciprocal relationships with the children, their parents and whanau and this has led to a very family-oriented atmosphere at the centre
• An important part of our centre’s philosophy is supporting children’s development, language and understanding of social skills
• Our Literacy programme is interwoven throughout our daily programme. From writing my name in the sand to using sign-language as we sing the ‘Alphabet Song’
Ask us about our unique Be School Ready initiative
We have a Healthy Heart Award!
For more information on the Healthy Heart programme, click here!
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
Our Centres Stories: