ABC Papamoa West
Our centre cares for children aged two to five years
20 hours free ECE
Morning and afternoon sessions available
ABC Papamoa West is located close to the beautiful Papamoa Beach. We have a fantastic open-plan environment that enables our children to access learning resources easily and freely. This fosters and extends children’s interests and helps them to become independent learners.
We offer extra learning opportunities in the form of swimming, gymnastics and creative dance lessons, these are always popular! It’s important our children feel a sense of belonging in the world around them and we take frequent trips into the local community to foster this.
Our beautiful playground is where children can discover a variety of physical and social learning experiences. Whānau also enjoy sitting on the deck watching the children play and catching up with each other.
Why Choose Us?
- We have close links with the local community (Library, Plaza Shopping Centre, Tahatai Coast School). We hold a Trust Mark Award for Excellence in the Working with Others category.
- We provide weekly extra curricular activities – swimming, gymnastics lessons, Tumble-Time.
- We have dedicated discovery rooms: block room, family-play room, art room.
- We celebrate cultural diversity monthly reflecting the cultures in our centre.
- We offer a small, homely environment encouraging strong partnerships with parents/families/whanau.
We offer a nurturing environment where children develop:
- Early literacy and numeracy skills
- A sense of well-being and belonging
- Confidence and independence
- A love of learning and exploration
- We focus on inquiry-based learning and believe that it is important to encourage children’s natural inquisitiveness. We strive to follow “Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand” – Chinese proverb
We recently completed a very successful Education Review Office (ERO) review as part of the Ministry review cycle, with glowing comments about the quality teaching and learning happening at the centre.
“Teachers strongly promote literacy, mathematics and science. These are well integrated across the curriculum in everyday play, inquiry and discovery. The rich curriculum includes a good balance of spontaneous, child-lead, and teacher planned learning experiences. Teachers skilfully involve children in sustained conversations, foster a love of books and reading, as well as curiosity and passion for mathematics and science. Children confidently make choices and follow their interests as they recognise their own capability as learners. “ (ERO, 2017)
“The recently redeveloped learning environment is attractive, well organised and highly functional. Areas of play are thoughtfully planned and there are spaces for individual as well as small and large group play. Teachers prepare the environment in ways that respond to children’s interests, attract their involvement and extend their learning. There are many displays that reflect children’s learning and provide information about how children learn through play. Children benefit from an environment that motivates their curiosity, supports problem solving and self-directed challenges”. (ERO,2017)
Read Our Stories:
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
Ask us about our Be School Ready initiative
The SunSmart Centre Accreditation programme provides Cancer Society approved guidelines on how to make centres a safe place for children and the centre’s community.
Being a SunSmart accredited centre shows that our centres:
- are committed to protecting children, staff and parents from the risks of UV radiation
- are raising awareness about the importance of skin protection among parents and children
- promote the centres within the community as one that is committed to the health of its children
- have a sun protection policy that follows the Cancer Society minimum criteria
- promote and support positive sun protection behaviours such as hat wearing
- are developing and maintaining a sunsafe environment
“Thank you for everything and being the best ABC centre in the bay. You guys are like a second family to us, you will be missed so much!”
“Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for spending so much beautiful time with Aali! You girls are so amazing and have helped me raise Aali for the last 2 1/2 years! No daycare will ever compete with you guys! We will forever remember you and the awesome daycare you guys provide!”
“Love this centre! My son always has a great time and his learning has definitely developed while being there. The staff are consistent and amazing. Always welcoming and the children come from a range of cultures which I like. There’s a strong sense of community and I’ll be keeping my son here until he starts school. Thanks ladies for doing a fantastic job – I highly rate this centre!”
“I have attended two other childcare centres in the hopes of finding a centre best suited to my and my children’s needs. Since my children have been enrolled at this daycare, they’ve both become different people. The overall friendliness and feeling of family we receive every time we go to the centre has helped me and my kids become more settled into our environment inside and outside of daycare. I would like to thank you all for all the effort and positive vibes you bring to daycare every day without fail.”
“My child loves all the teachers, and we really appreciate how they have taken the time to discover his interests at home and continue them at ABC”
“We love our child’s daycare. The teachers are great and really care about him”