ABC Riccarton is a beautiful, purpose-built childcare centre on a large section. Our centre offers quality early childhood education and care. We have large outdoor areas that provide plenty of space for the children to develop their gross motor skills in a natural environment. We are a culturally diverse centre that provides us with the opportunities to celebrate, understand and learn about different cultures.
Our Preparation for school room is in a beautiful brand new building with beautiful resources and replicates modern learning environments Primary schools are developing. Children’s learning is supported by qualified experienced teachers who provide a rich curriculum for children over 4. Our Be School Ready initiative runs throughout the morning and the afternoon sessions with the children working in small groups with a teacher. Our reading in homes programme offers reading folders and reading books for parents to read with their children at home supporting parents and first teachers.
Our preschool routines are created according to the interests and needs of the children and extended with the help of well-developed team of qualified educators. We promote independence, leadership and provide support and guidance to all children. Literacy and numeracy is incorporated through the daily programme with opportunities for children to explore and understand in a supported environment.
Our nursery has a flexible routine to ensure that the babies have their home routines implemented. There are four educators in the nursery which is licensed for 16 babies / toddlers. Educators ensure routines are flexible and meet the needs of all the children in the room both individually and in groups.
ABC Riccarton provides nutritious, fresh and healthy morning and afternoon tea created according to the Healthy Heart guidelines, plus a late snack for children who leave in the evening.
What makes us special:
- Separate infant area in a 3 month to 2 year old room with a beautiful brand new playground and large open plan environment.
- Large natural playground areas, set up to challenge children physically.
- We provide a home away from home for children with a warm, cosy environment and high quality care and education
- Our strong ties to the community are nurtured with regular walks and outings
- We have 4 bilingual teachers who support children and families that use English as a second language. The languages include Chinese, Korean, Hindi and Tagalag
- We have a brand new preparation for school room, offering a programme to ensure children are prepared for their transition to school.
- We are part of the Riccarton Learning Community Cluster which supports our community of learners to work together in ECE, Primary School and High School.
We’d love you and your family to join us at ABC Riccarton, so please feel free to call us for more information or simply drop by for a visit.
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
Living the life in Riccarton
ABC Riccarton’s Nursery trip to Sensory Room
ABC Riccarton’s outing to Arion Farm Park
I love it; I don’t worry about my son in any way whilst he’s at preschool. He loves being there and I couldn’t be happier. We are very happy about our child attending ABC Riccarton, the staff are amazing and we know our child is in very good hands.
“I love it; I don’t worry about my son in any way whilst he’s at preschool. He loves being there and I couldn’t be happier.”
“We are very happy about our child attending ABC Riccarton, the staff are amazing and we know our child is in very good hands.”