Community Kindy Richmond
We invite you to join us from 9.30-11.30am every Friday for Stay and Play!
Come along and enjoy free activities with your child, chat to the team to see what we can offer and stay for morning tea – everyone welcome.
Community Kindy Richmond is a modern childcare centre located in Richmond Heights, Taupo. We are conveniently located next to School’s Out Waipahihi on Richmond Avenue, and just around the corner from Waipahihi Primary School. We are very proud of our modern, light and spacious centre which boasts a huge stimulating outdoor learning environment. We take children from 2 years to school age and are open through the school holidays.
We have the Gold Healthy Heart Award from the Heart Foundation
Our philosophy values are family, community and quality. These values drive us in our vision to provide an enriching educational experience which inspires a love of learning for all in our learning community.
We value our relationships with children, parents and their wider whanau. We welcome, support and encourage parents and whanau to be involved in the centre curriculum and offer multiple opportunities for parents and whanau to be involved in their child’s learning journey, in ways that they feel comfortable.
We offer settling visits and welcome parents to spend time with their child at kindy prior to starting. We hold regular parents’ evenings and parent teacher conferences, and provide e-portfolios on Storypark, as well as regular events and celebrations for families to get involved in.
As well as offering regular excursion opportunities in to the Taupo community we also invite experienced members of the community to support us to provide a quality curriculum:
- Bikewise Taupo visits our centre regularly to support children to ride 2 wheel bikes
- We take 3 & 4 year olds to Ballet lessons at the Taupo Arts Centre next door
- We have a great relationship with the New Entrant teachers and Principal at Waipahihi School, and plan visits to the NE class for our 4 year olds.
- We plan regular nature/bush walks out in our local Waipahihi reserve.
- We perform each year in the Tuwharetoa Kapa Haka Festival (Taiopenga Tuwharetoa).
We believe choosing us is choosing quality for your child’s education and care.
We have a strong, collaborative, qualified and experienced teaching team who provide a varied and stimulating curriculum for your child. We support your child to work independently and collaboratively with others, as well as deepen their learning through challenging and inspiring learning experiences.
Our Be School Ready™ approach is woven through our programme and will support your child to develop foundation skills which are the strong building blocks for lifelong learning.
- 4-hour kindergarten sessions, 6-hour sessions and full daycare spaces available
- Full sleep and rest facilities, with individual beds and sheets
- FREE GIFT for all new enrolments
- For a limited time only we are offering 30 hours free or 50% off fees for 3 months on all new enrolments
Click below to read our latest centre stories:
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.