First Steps Peachgrove
ERO has rated First Steps Peachgrove in the top 7% of NZ childcare centres providing positive learning outcomes for children
First Steps Peachgrove, part of the BestStart family, offers a warm and caring environment, which is ever present, with many parents commenting on this aspect of the centre. We offer a child-initiated learning programme with amazing support from a group of passionate Early Childhood Education (ECE) teachers. We are a small centre licensed for 36 children aged between 3 months to 5 years old, which allows for close relationships between staff, tāmariki and parents/whānau. This contributes to the excellent learning environment we provide.
Our centre has very passionate teachers, and this comes through in the programme we provide and the learning environment we offer.
We have an open door policy for all parents and whānau, allowing them to drop into the centre at any time during our open hours.
Our centre vision
Our tamarikis future is at the heart of the centre
We aspire to be a home away from home with a sincere connection to our community.
We commit to building strong relationships with our tamariki and their whanau.
We strive to ensure that our tamariki feel confident in who they are and aim to instil a love of learning and life.
We are driven by the positive outcomes for every child and believe in nurturing children to become self-motivated by their interests and passions.
- It is a place where we want our children to feel a strong sense of belonging.
- We foster a strong partnership with whanau as we believe that this is essential to their optimal growth and development for every child in our care. Children and their whanau are active in contributing to the centre through routines, rituals, and special events. We value the principal of “Kotahitanga” as we all contribute to achieve our vision.
- Connecting with our tamariki and understanding who they are is imperative as when children are connected emotionally, we believe that this is when the magic of learning happens.
- When children are connected, they are then in a space where they are able to initiate meaningful play, and get along in harmony with others.
- We believe through enhancing each other’s “mana”, by celebrating succceses and fostering children’s kindness is an important life long skill to possess.
- We rise by lifting up others.
- We value and recognise the potential that every child brings to the centre. Children’s passion for learning is nurtured and supported. We recognise that children’s focused interests and inner passions is what motivates their learning.
- We learn in partnership with each other.
- We believe in the success of all tamariki that they are happy, confident, sociable, resilient, and understand their capabilities. We empower children to have a positive attitude towards learning and life and lay the foundations for their life-long learning journey.
Highlights of our centre
- Weekly outings -forest days in the local bush walk
- Daily baking opportunities
- Daily hauora health programmes
- Strong collaborative partnerships with whanau to support children’s learning
- Progressive teaching practices that build on children’s passions and interests
- Stimulating and adaptable environments that represent children’s current learning
- A mindfulness curriculum – healthy living, knowing ones self and others
- Highly passionate and motivated teachers
- Bucket filling programme
- Quality teacher ratios
- Be school ready initiative
- Kapa haka lessons in centre and a focus on bi-cultural approaches to learning
- Music lessons in centre – with an additional cost
Our Centre Stories:
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
We have been awarded the GOLD Healthy Heart Award by the NZ Heart Foundation!
For more information on the Healthy Heart Programme, click here!
Ask us about our Be School Ready initiative