First Steps Waihi
First Steps Waihi is a quality childcare and education centre for children located in Waihi East, close to the school. We cater for children from 3 months to five years, and we provide a play based programme which offers :
- Full day childcare (open from 7.30am to 5.30pm)
- All staff are fully qualified, committed and caring
- Nga Teina room (under two years) with low teacher/child ratios
Nga Tuakana (2 – 5 years)
- Be School Ready initiative
- Transition to school support (with at least 2 school visits to your school of choice)
- Beautiful learning environments (inside and outside we have a huge back paddock to use!)
- Individual programme planning (learning goals set in consultation with parents/whanau)
- Regular events (check out our blog)
- Storypark which is an online platform where teachers post for you and your family/whanau to see how we are supporting your child’s learning and what is happening at the centre.
We have close links to the Waihi community and with local schools to aid in transitions. We focus on building your child’s skills and dispositions in readiness for school.
Our fully qualified staff provide a stimulating environment based on the individual learning goals of our tamariki and their family/whanau. Our babies have a large indoor and outdoor area and our babies just love it here.
Please feel free to drop in anytime to see us and see what we have to offer you and your children.
We recently achieved our Healthy Heart Silver Award.
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
“I have been with First Steps Waihi nearly 2 years now. My baby was 9 months old when we joined her at First Steps. It is a great environment for my baby. We always felt comfortable leaving my daughter and going to work because not only did I know she was being well taken care of but also I knew she was learning a lot. All the faculty of First Steps are super friendly. They have got a great team who take great care of the Kids. My daughter learned so much here and she is happy to go there. I definitely recommend to any mommy looking for great environment for their children to choose First Steps”
“I am loving the new look of the center. I love the natural environment, it looks really amazing. The staff have been amazingly supportive and are easy to talk to. They always inform me on how my son’s day has been and any issues there may have been.”