Kia ora and welcome to Montessori Kapiti located in the beautiful township of Paraparaumu Beach. We offer all day care; short days of 7 hours or full days (8 Hours +), Monday to Friday from 7.30am – 6.00pm for children aged from 6 months to 6 years.
Our centre has three rooms – Nido for our babies, Bambini for toddlers and Preschool for our 3-6year olds.
Our purpose-built Montessori environment allows children of all ages to mix or work separately depending on their needs. Children transition from one room to the next when they are socially and emotionally ready to grow. We work with the Healthy Heart Foundation to provide a healthy and nutritious vegetarian menu, including seasonal produce from our own garden.
“Montessori fosters children’s confidence and creativity, giving them the wings to become independent lifelong learners”.
Our aim as teachers is to guide your child on their journey to become confident lifelong learners and to provide them with the tools to learn independence and appreciate our special environment. We provide a lovely, calm, and aesthetically pleasing environment, beautiful materials which are designed to help your child to feel valued and respected, which they can then pass onto others. As a united teaching team, we respect your child and whānau. We quietly observe your child and work with you, so together we make the best decisions for your child’s development, this allows us to give your child the full potential to grow their wings.
Our Centre Philosophy
- We follow the philosophy of Maria Montessori within the Te Whāriki curriculum framework.
- We trust and respect the intrinsic motivation in our tamariki to become independent, confident, motivated individuals.
- We embrace the diverse cultures of our centre through meaningful connections with whānau and our community.
- We value the commitment made as professionals to see ourselves as lifelong learners.
- We provide an environment that supports multiple opportunities for interaction with others in a peaceful way.
What you will notice at Montessori Kapiti
Montessori Kapiti is a unique environment where your child has time to explore and grow their wings of independence.
Our Montessori environment allows your child to develop a range of independent skills through:
- Practical life activities: pouring, grating, peeling, buttoning, zipping which include everyday skills.
- Sensory materials: a specific series of sensory materials that teaches and will allow your child to explore with their 5 senses.
- Rich oral language: opportunities through stories, games, songs and experiences.
- Maths concepts: using specific materials including unique resources.
- Cultural and Geography : by learning about our community, our country and the world around us, celebrating cultural events.
- Science, Music and Art : these experiences are explored daily to further develop your child’s sensory and creative skills.
- Physical wellbeing: is an important focus at Montessori Kapiti. Our teachers have the skills to teach and improve fundamental movement skills: providing yoga, obstacle courses, indoor and outdoor games, regular walks to help with road safety, body awareness and of course enjoy the beautiful environment we have here on the Kapiti Coast.
Read about what’s been happening in our centre: