Montessori The Gardens
Montessori The Gardens offers quality childcare and education in Dunedin’s North East Valley.
Here you will see children learning from each other – tuakana teina. Children learn respect for themselves, their peers and their environment – in doing so children develop a self confidence, concentration, a sense of order and harmony. Three character buildings provide spacious indoor and outdoor learning environments for up to 70 children, aged from 16 months through to 6 years.
We have qualified and experienced Montessori Teachers, all of us committed to encouraging a child’s natural curiosity and desire to learn.
What makes us special:
- Passionate, trained Montessori teachers
- We offer a strong Montessori programme focusing on the child’s potential with an emphasis on learning through self-discovery
- A well-resourced, prepared environment with specially designed materials
- A respectful learning environment promoting inclusiveness and a strong sense of community
- Character setting with a large, well-established and sunny garden to explore
What else you can expect from our Montessori centre:
- Unique learning philosophy
- Encourages a love of learning
- Builds a healthy self esteem & social competence
- Fosters independence and self discipline
- Teaches solid math and language skills.
By becoming part of our community you also become a member of MANZ – Montessori Association New Zealand and receive quarterly magazines keeping you up to date.
If you are interested in finding out more, please phone us on 473 7630. We would love to show you around!
Our latest centre events and stories
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
“We are extremely satisfied with Montessori The Gardens. The teachers blow our minds weekly on the learning & care they provide.”
“It’s wonderful that lots of fresh fruit and veges are offered to children at our centre.”