TopKids Lemon Street
Topkids Lemon Street is a family focused centre providing quality care and education in Taranaki for over 20 years the centre is nestled in a large section with mature trees and developed gardens, right on the edge of New Plymouth’s CBD. Our beautiful environment includes a kiwi big-backyard and peaceful atmosphere creating a beautiful surrounding for children to learn about life and the world around them.
We are open Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 5.30pm, welcoming children from birth to school age. We offer morning and afternoon sessions as well as school day and full day attendance to support your family’s needs.
At TopKids TopKids Lemon Street ‘We are one family’. ‘He whānau kotahi tātou’
TopKids Lemon Street belongs to everyone. Kaiako/ teachers, tamariki/ children, whānau/ families and the community are welcomed as if it was their home. The strengths of all everyone will be acknowledged and encouraged so they can participate confidently within the centre.
Me hoki ki te ūkaipō – Breastfeeding welcome here
· Our centre reflects home virtues and values, and if you are thinking of returning to work while you are breastfeeding your baby we welcome you to come into the centre to feed as needed. We have a private breastfeeding space available so you and your baby can enjoy this special time.
· Our infant’s team are highly skilled in the storage and heating of breast milk to ensure it retains its nutrition for your baby.
Kaitiakitanga – Sustainability
· We are passionate about tamariki understanding sustainability, knowing where food really comes from and caring for our environment. The Kaiako/ Teachers help the children to bake for the whole centre, grow vegetables and plants, reduce, re-use and recycle.
· Tamariki/ Children are offered meaningful and authentic moments and opportunities to be responsible world citizens. We collect eggs from our chickens, care for our live-in animal friends, and use natural materials to offer real and tangible experiences for play, the best way to learn.
Te Ao Māori – The Māori world
· Alongside our bi-cultural curriculum Te Whāriki and in support of the principles surrounding Te Tiriti o Waitangi, we promote whanaungatanga, te reo, ngā tikanga, and tuakana/teina relationships.
· We affirm and celebrate cultural differences and are proud of our inclusive education model. Kaiako are passionate about teaching children where they come from and embed Taranaki Reo and tikanga into all aspects of our centre.
· We value the principles of Tātaiako and weave ako, manaakitanga into our daily practice.
Our centre’s news and events
Ask about our unique Be School Ready initiative.
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what your child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.
We have a Healthy Heart Award!
For more information on the Healthy Heart Programme, click here!
We are also pleased to be able to continue to provide the extended family atmosphere after children turn 5. Schools Out Central and Schools Out Westown are our affiliated after school and holiday programmes. They provide high quality care for children aged 5 to 14 years. Click here to go directly to the Schools Out page!
“We are made to feel like family and enjoy being part of such a positive family orientated centre! It feels safe and secure too!”
“I love the staff! They’re all very friendly and approachable. The centre is always clean and warm. My child always comes home happy and is excited to go to daycare”
“Teachers team work and welcoming attitude make our children feel really safe and secure as well as parents. Very grateful for them”!