Are you busy but don’t want to miss out on your child’s learning?
BestStart is excited to offer its families access to Storypark e-portfolios. This shared learning tool is being introduced to all our centres to develop an even stronger relationship between home and your childcare centre. It’s another great way to help your child flourish.
What is Storypark?
Storypark is a secure, private software tool that is viewable to invited family, friends and teachers. You and nominated family and friends can receive instant updates about your child’s day and be part of their development. Family members who are unable to see your children regularly can now be part of their learning and discovery, no matter where they live in the world.
Now you can see what your child is doing and experiencing even while you’re not there!
How does Storypark help my child’s development?
Storypark enables you to engage more in your child’s learning. You can see what they are interested in and what they are learning about at their centre and in real-time. At home you can talk to your child about those experiences to create more learning opportunities. You can also send your centre teachers updates and photos of what your child did in your time with them, increasing their knowledge of your child. Sharing this information helps you and your centre’s teachers have a better understanding of your child and increases their learning opportunities.
• Dramatically improved connections between parents, wider family and teachers.
• Helped grandparents and working parents be more included in a child’s learning.
• Provided parents and teachers with a deeper understanding and insights into children’s current interests, enabling better immediate support that encourages improved learning outcomes.
• Enabled your child to help identify ‘what’s next’ in their learning and pursue their interests and passions.
• Helped learning by allowing children to revisit and review their experiences
• Provided better insight for special education needs.